BJP hopes to fight anti-incumbency with developmental issues
Reasons for win
In Chhattisgarh the ruling party seems very much confident for the win in upcoming Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018. The reason is the new political emergence of a new political party in Chhattisgarh. The new political party is Janata Congress Chhattisgarh. An already weak Congress party had been divide and made even weaker.
Why Congress is not voted in
- Last time Congress was close to victory but there raised an allegation on few Congress leaders of fixing the election and paved the way for BJPs victory, dividing the party.
- Secondly, Chhattisgarh has not seen anything adverse that people may change the government. As for the state hasn’t seen any violence. As compared to others the state is quiet a peaceful one.
The Chief Mi9nister of Chhattisgarh and BJP understand the people of the state very well. Its basically a state comprised of mainly SC/ST/OBC people. This caste category is the reason why BJP doesn’t play caste politics here which can backfire.
Ajit Jogi a Tough Task
CM Raman Singh’s main opposition is from Ajit Jogi. Jogi claims himself ST only for the government not to believe him.It’s alleged that Jogi has faked his caste, and switches to the caste which grows in majority. Chhattisgarh’s social value defeated this strategy of caste card to be played. Any caste politics played in Chhattisgarh may favor Ajit Jogi and not Raman Singh. Which probably stands as the sole reason that the caste politics has not entered Chhattisgarh? And majority of the population being SC/ST/OBC the political tunes are played by BJP itself.
Clash with the opposition
- Alcohol plays an important role in shaping up the atmosphere of the elections.
- This c play a crucial role for BJP as the government is in control of it.
- Since 2016-17, Chhattisgarh government has started selling alcohol on its own and has closed the shops of all private sellers.
- Opposition henceforth is not able to use alcohol to their advantage.
Bucked up Government
The state is being ruled by BJP since 2003 hence anti-incumbency is a factorwhich could impact a lot of things.Chief Minister Raman Singh has already started gearing up for upcoming Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018. He has started giving bonus to farmers, tendu leaves collector etc.in order to make them happy. Advertising the good doings of the government is spread through big hoardings in the state.
People in Chhattisgarh are naturally inclined towards Bharatiya Janata Party because the formation of Chhattisgarh was done on the promise that the Congress government of MP doesn’t care for Chhattisgarh and is not interested in the development of Chhattisgarh.