Instability and inequalities are the major problems occur due to corruption of the country. Due to corruption India is facing high challenges weather its poverty, education, health, or clean water.
Corruption in India looks like a civil servant sometimes nothing is happening without doing corruption and has become the favorite contest nationwide. Due to low level of enforcement and monitoring policies on the state level bodies causing corruption.
What is of great importance is the open admission that votes are in fact secured through large, illegal and illegitimate expenditure on elections. This has been termed as the starting point of corruption making cleansing elections the most important route to bringing principles into politics. The Lokpal brouhaha has deflected attention from issues infinitely more important for going after dishonest politics, which seems to be all-pervasive.
And the context matters too. Much of India lives in as unequal a world — comparable in fact to pre-industrial Britain. Feudal mindsets prevail and the exercise of patronage is expected. In addition, in India, money power can control decisions the voter makes. Bound by the mores of a largely agrarian way of life, the poor remain simultaneously protected and penalised not by the law and the police as much as by feudal lords, often having criminal records. Indian political parties had long used these local sardars and strongmen as trusted allies for defeating opponents.
More worrisome than individual corruption is the widespread concern that funds are collected by political parties and parked in secret bank accounts abroad to be ploughed back to finance elections often by hook or by crook. Since fund management is confined to a handful of people in each party, it gives enormous power to the top leadership which controls the deployment of funds and all that accompanies it.
The list of top most corruption scams of India–
- Some leaders are involved in 2G scam, 2g spectrum scandal was an Indian telecommunications scam in which government officials and undercharged the mobile telephone companies for frequency allocation licenses.
- Authorities arrested three players and eleven bookkeepers weeks ago for alleged spot-fixing in the Indian Premier League (IPL), India’s hugely popular and profitable domestic tournament. The league’s governing body, claims status as a charitable organization and recently began paying taxes on its vast income.
- Defense corruption scandals in India never blow up and dominate media coverage and political intrigue for their own sake.
- They do not develop because neither the defense ministry nor the armed forces (the customers) want to get a better deal or see the real lawbreakers caught. Nor do they develop because the bribes may affect the quality of the equipment, even though specifications might be fudged.
- The basic premise of coal scam was that wrongful allocation of Coal deposits by Government without resorting to competitive bidding, which would have made huge amounts to the Government (to tune of 1.86 Lakh crore). However, the coal deposits were allocated arbitrarily.
- Another feather in the cap of Indian scandal list is Commonwealth Games loot. Yes, literally a loot! Even before the long awaited sporting bonanza could see the day of light, the grand event was soaked in the allegations of corruption.
- Commonwealth Games scandal is that the estimated amount of Rs. 70000 crorewas to be spent on the Games, only half the said amount was spent on Indian sports persons.