Pakistan is highly unstable on the political grounds, but even in the extreme circumstances, there have been certain personalities who have helped the country to stand among the world’s developing nations.
Read on to know about those personalities-
- Muhammad Ali Jinnah- He was the first Governor General and the founder of Pakistan. Jinnah was one of the most popular leaders in Pakistan and the most influential one. This eminent lawyer, turned politician played a crucial role in creation of the state.
- Benazir Bhutto – Popular as the Iron Lady of Pakistan, Bhutto tops the list of highly influential Pakistani politicians female. She was the first woman and the only female till date, to become the Prime Minister of Pakistan.
- Shaukat Aziz- He served as Pakistan’s 18th Prime Minister of Pakistan. From 1999 to 2007, he acted as the country’s Finance Minister. Regarded as one of the top Pakistani politicians, Aziz brought huge economic reforms in Pakistan.
- Nawaz Sharif– Next in the list of leaders in Pakistan is Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif who was elected as the Prime Minster of Pakistan in 2013. His hard work and dedication paved way to rapid industrial development of the country. He strived to build an economy based on economic liberalization and privatization.
- Altaf Hussain– The famous exiled politician of Pakistan strived hard to uplift the condition of “mujahirs” in the country. Altaf Hussain resides in the Great Britain currently, continues to play a crucial role in Pakistan’s politics through telephonic addresses.
- Mian Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif – This Pakistani politician served as the CM of Punjab (province of Pakistan), from June 2013 to May 2018. Sharif has spent a number of years in Saudi Arabia as a part of his self-exile. After returning to his home country in 2007, he was appointed as the Chief Minister for the second time after the victory of PML-N in the province. His untiring efforts for the betterment of his country landed him to the list of top 10 political leaders in Pakistan.
- Imran Khan– Philanthropist and former first-class Pakistani cricketer turned politician is the leader of Pakistan’s Tehreek-e-Insaf. He is also a prominent member of the country’s National Assembly. Today he is regarded as one of the most famous politicians of
- Bilawal Bhutto Zardari– Next in the list of Famous Pakistani politicians is the Chairman of the Pakistan People’s Party. He is taking charge of PPP since December 2007. Bilawal Bhutto manages the party’s affairs independently, while playing an active role in the reorganization and restructuring paying of party efforts in Azad Kashmir, Balochistan, and Punjab.
- Hina Rabbani Khar- She is a popular female Pakistani politician who was appointed as the Pakistan’s 21st Foreign Minister at age 33. She held the office from February 2011 until March 2013. She is the first woman and the youngest person to have held this honorary position.
- Yousaf Raza Gillani– Gilani was elected as Pakistan’s 19th Prime Minister. He bagged 38th position in 2009’s list of most powerful persons in the world created by Forbes.