To be one of the most remembered and most favored politicians, one has to definitely find a favor with the Canadian people and their support for the policies they enacted.
Under the Canadian political system, majority governments give you a massive amount of power and each of these leaders were able to shape Canada by the exercise of that power. Listed below are some of the most famous political leaders in Canada.
- Pierre Trudeau: – Pierre has a very charismatic and a focused sense of responsibility towards the most prestigious and responsible chair he was placed in. Pierre was 15th Prime Minister of Canada. His vibrant approach and new verve of energy helped Canada bring new reformatory measures. His political ideology was that of Liberal Party of Canada.
- Stephen Lewis: – Stephen Lewis was one of the multi tasker. He was a Canadian politician, Broadcaster, diplomat, Author and a professor. He has massive undertakings for much acclaimed work I the field of HIV/AIDS in Africa. He was the National Secretary in the co-operative Commonwealth. He had a political ideology of New Democratic Party.
- Jean Chretien: –He was the 20th Prime Minister of Canada serving from November 4 1993 to December 12, 2003. After Pierre Trudeau announced his retirement, Jean thought to serve with the ideologies of Liberal Party of Canada.
- Stephen Harper: – Harper was the 22nd Prime Minister of Canada. He was the leader of the Conservative Party of Canada.
- John George Diefenbaker: – John was the 13th Prime Minister of Canada between 1957-1963. Diefenbaker’s oratory skills and his strong belief in changing the populace of Canada propelled him to win elections.
- Sir Robert Borden: – Borden was a Canadian lawyer and also a politician. He was the eighth Prime Minister of Canada from 1911 to 1920. During World War I, Borden was at the best of his leadership.
- Brian Mulroney: – Brian served as the 18th Prime Minister of Canada from 17 September 1984 to June 25 1993. He belonged to Progressive Conservative Party of Canada.
- Lester B.Pearson: – Pearson was a Canadian statesman, diplomat and also a politician who was given a title of Noble Laureate in 1957. He served as the 14th Prime Minister of Canada from April 22 1963 to April 20 1968.
- Alexander Mackenzie: – Initially Alex was a building contractor and a writer. Who went on to become second Prime Minister of Canada from November 7 1973 to October 8, 1878.
- Justin Trudeau: – Justin is the son of former Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau. Justin is the current Prime Minister of Canada, making him the 23rd Trudeau is the second youngest Prime Minister after Joe Clark.He belongs to the Liberal Party of Canada.