The following are the names of the Chief Minister of Haryana who have been into governance since the state inception. Till date the state of Haryana has been served by 10 leaders varying from one political party to another.
1. Bhagwat Dayal Sharma: – Bhagwat Dayal Sharma was the 1st Chief Minister of Haryana. He was CM of Haryana from 1 November 1966 to 23 March 1967. He belonged to the Indian National Congress.
2. Rao Birender Singh: – Singh was the 2nd Chief Minister of Haryana. Former Cabinet Minister, Singh was also the first Speaker of Haryana State Assembly. He was CM from 24 March 1967 to 2 November 1967. He belonged to the Vishal Haryana Party.
3. Bansi Lal: – Bansi Lal was the 3rd Chief Minister of Haryana. One of the most powerful politicians in Haryana, Lal had served as CM of Haryana thrice.He is considered to be the Architect of the modern Haryana. He served from 22 May 1968 to 30 November 1975; from 5 July 1985 to 19 June 1987; again from 11 May 1996 to 23 July 1999.Lal is one of the longest serving CM of Haryana. He belonged to the Indian National Congress.
4. Banarsi Das Gupta: – Banarsi Das Guptawas the 4th CM of Haryana. He is a renowned freedom fighter who was elected thrice to the Haryana Legislative Assembly. Once a Cabinet Minister of Haryana, Gupta has also served twice as CM of Haryana. Gupta had his term as CM from 1 December 1975 to 30 April 1977 and from 22 May 1990 to 12 July 1990. He belonged to Janata Dal.
5. Chaudhary Devi Lal: – Devi Lal was the CM of Haryana and has also been appointed as the 6thDeputy Prime Minister of India. Devi Lal has served as CM of Haryana for separate two terms. From 21 June 1977 to 28 June 1979 and from 17 July 1987 to 2 December 1989. He belonged to the Janata Party.
6. Bhajan Lal: – Bhajan Lal was the 6th Chief Minister of Haryana. One of the most famous political leaders, Bhajan Lal has served three separate terms as Haryana Chief Minister. He has served from 29 June 1979 to 22 January 1980; 22 January 1980 to 5 July 1985, again from 23 July 1991 to 9 May 1996. He belonged to the Indian National Congress.
7. Om Prakash Chautala: – Chautala is the 8th Chief Minister of Haryana. One of the most popular politicians in Haryana, Chautala has served four times as the CM of Haryana. He has served from 2 December 1989 to 22 May 1990, 12 July 1990 to 17 July 1990, 22 March 1991 to 6 April 1991 and 24 July 1999 to 4 March 2005. He belonged to Indian National Lok Dal.
8. Hukam Singh: – Hukam Singh a Subedar in the Indian Army has served as the Haryana Chief Minister from 17 July 1990 to 21 March 1991. He belonged to the Janata Dal.
9. Bhupinder Singh Hooda: – Hooda was the 9th Chief Minister of Haryana. He has served from 5 March 2005 to 19 October 2014. One of the most powerful political leaders in Haryana, Hooda was also the Member of Parliament. He belonged to the Indian National Congress.
10. Manohar Lal Khattar: – Khattar is the 10th and the current Chief Minister of Haryana. He is a former RSS pracharak. He belonged to the Bharatiya Janata Party. Khattar 26 October 2014 till present.
President’s Rule: –
2 November 1967 to 22 May 1968
30 April 1977 to 21 June 1977
6 April 1991 to 23 July 1991
There are many dynamic political leaders Haryana has given. Right from Army Man to dynast politics t ....
Elections in Haryana in 2019 have set fields wide open for all the parties. The current government h ....
The demand for reservation for Jats in Haryana, too emanated from Haryana but its beneficiary wont b ....
Haryana is one of the wealthiest states of India and has the third highest per capita income in the ....
Haryana is a Northern Indian state, bounded by Punjab from the northwest and Uttrakhand and Himachal ....