The CM of Delhi is said to be the Chief Executive of the National Capital Territory of Delhi in north India. Since 1952 Delhi had a Chief Minister, when after 37 years the office of the CM was abolished, until December 1993 a new CM sworn in as the head of the territory.
Following are the names of Chief Ministers of New Delhi.
- Chaudhary Brahm Prakash : – Brahm Prakash was the first Chief Minister of New Delhi. He held the office of CM from 17 March 1952 – February 1955. He was actively involved in the Indian Freedom struggle, and had been appreciated in the Parliament. He belonged to the Indian National Congress.
- Gurmukh Nihal Singh : – He was the 2nd Chief Minister of New Delhi. He served as the CM of Delhi till the States Reorganization Act was passed in 1956. He has served as CM from 12 February 1955 to 1 November 1956. He belonged to the Indian National Congress.
- Madan Lal Khurana : – Khurana was the 3rd Chief Minister of New Delhi; he has also served as the Governor of Rajasthan. He was the first Non-Congress Chief Minister of New Delhi. One of the most famous politician he belonged the Bharatiya Janata Party. He served from 2 December 1993 to 26 February 1996.
- Sahib Singh Verma : – Sahib Singh was the 4th CM of New Delhi, he being the Member of the 13thLok Sabha, served as the Chief Minister of New Delhi from 26 January 1996 to 12 October 1998. He belonged to the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- Sushma Swaraj : – One of the most popular woman politicians, Sushma Swaraj has served as the 5th Chief Minister of New Delhi. She was also the youngest woman Cabinet Minister in the Haryana Government.She served as CM of Delhi from 13 October 1998 to 3 December 1998. She belonged to the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- Sheila Dikshit : – Sheila Dikshit is one of the most popular woman politicians and is also the longest serving Chief Minister of New Delhi. She held the office for two terms i.e. from 1 December 2003 to 29 October 2008 and 29 October 2008 to 28 December 2013. She belonged to the Indian National Congress.
- Arvind Kejriwal : – Kejriwal is the current and the 7th Chief Minister of New Delhi.He served from 28 December 2013 to 14 February 2014 and from 14 February 2015 to present. He belongs to AamAadmi Party.
14 February 2014- 14 February 2015