Tripura the Northeast state of India has its own list of Chief Ministers who are considered to be the head of the state appointed by the Governor. Chief Minister has a term of 5 years and it is also subject to no term limits.
- Sachindra Lal Singh: – Sachindra Lal Singh was the 1st CM of Tripura, who was also elected to the sixth Lok Sabha. He served as the Chief Minister of Tripura from 1 July 1963 to 1 November 1971. H belonged to the Indian National Congress.
- Sukhamoy Sen: – Sukhamoy was the 2nd Chief Minister of Tripura. He served his term from 20 March 1972 to 31 March 1977. He belonged to the Indian National Congress.
- Prafulla Kumar: – Prafulla Kumar was the third Chief Minister of Tripura who served his term from 1 April 1977 to 25 July 1977. He represented Congress for Democracy.
- Radhika Ranjan Gupta: – Gupta served as the 4th CM of Tripura, who belonged to the Janata Party. He served the term from 26 July 1977 to 4 November 1977
- Nripen Chakraborty: – One of the most popular political leaders in Tripura, Nripen was actively involved in the Communist movement in India for six decades. He became CM of Tripura from 5 January 1978 to 5 February 1988. He was one of the longest serving CM of Tripura. He belonged to the Communist Party of India (Marxist).
- SudhirRanjanMajumdar: – Majumdar was the 6th Chief Minister of Tripura. He served his term from 5 February 1988 to 19 February 1992. A school teacher, Majumdar was also a member of the Upper House. He belonged to the Indian National Congress.
- Samir Ranjan Barman: – Samir, a former president of the Tripura Pradesh Congress Committee, has served as the Chief Minister of Tripura from 19 February 1992 to 10 March 1993. He belonged to the Indian National Congress.
- Dasarath Deb: – Dasarath Deb is the 8th CM of Tripura. The only tribal Chief Minister of Tripura, Deb was CM from 10 April 1993 to 11 March 1998. He belonged to the Communist Party of India (Marxist).
- Manik Sarkar: – Manik was the 9th CM of Tripura. A Politburo Member of the Communist Party of India, Sarkar is the longest serving CM of Tripura and has been CM for Four Consecutive years. He was declared as he is the Chief Minister with least possessions among all his counterparts in India. He was CM of Tripura from 11 March 1998 to 9 March 2018.
- Biplab Kumar Deb: – Biplab Kumar is the 10th and the current Chief Minister of Tripura. He took his oath as CM of Tripura on 9 March 2018. The Incumbent CM belongs to the Bharatiya Janata Party. He has managed to defeat the rule of 25 years of Marxists in the state and has been appointed as the first CM of Bharatiya Janata Party.
1 November 1971 to 20 March 1972
5 November 1977 to 5 January 1978
11 March 1993 to 10 April 1993