Political leaders not only spearhead the country, but also define the social, economic, and cultural progress of the nation through their plans, strategies, and policies. The politicians have a challenging role to streamline the advancement in different sectors, be it health, art, social, science, or military. Malaysia elects a monarch as the state’s head.
Read on to know about the various popular political figures of Malaysia-
- Mahathir Bin Mohamad– Counted among the most influential Political Leaders in Malaysia, Mahathir Mohamad is serving as the seventh Prime Minister of the country. He has also delivered his duties as the prime minister of the state earlier from 1981 to 2003. In his previous tenure as the PM of Malaysia, Mahathir Mohamad formulated a number of policies for easy availability of education and prosperity of businesses in the country.
- Anwar Ibrahim– Counted among most popular leaders in Malaysia Anwar bin Ibrahim hails from a wealthy political family, hence he learned about leadership from a young age. His achievements and success as a political leader is due to his ethnic pride, leadership skills, and confidence. Plus, he is widely known for his cultural and religious passions.
- Najib Razak – Served as Malaysia’s sixth Prime Minister, Najib Razak has made it to the most prominent Malaysia politicians list. He has also handled a number of cabinet ministries before assuming the office of PM. At present, he stands as the United Malays National Organization’s President.
- Abdullah Ahmad Badawi– He assumed the office of Prime Minister from 2003 to 2009. In 1999 he served the nation as the Deputy Prime Minister. He has also handled working of Malaysia’s largest political party- the United Malays National Organisation as the President. His great political works has made him one of the top leaders in the Malaysia.
- Azmin Ali– This Malaysian politician is the present Chief Minister of Selangor. Azmin Ali is also the deputy president and co-founder of the PKR political party. He has also served this island nation as the Minister of Education. In addition, he was private secretary to Ibrahim during his tenure as the deputy Prime Minister.
- Tan Sri Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah– Listed among the famous Malaysia Political Leaders Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah has handled a number of prominent positions as a politician. He has served as the Minister of Finance (1976 – 1984) as well as the Minister of International Trade and Industry (1984 – 19870.
- Lim Kit Siang- Next in the list is Lim Kit Siang a high-profile Malaysian politician. He is the Democratic Action Party’s leader and a core member of the present ruling coalition government in Malaysia. Earlier, he held the office as the Opposition Leader of Malaysia for a year.
- Lim Guan Eng– He is a highly regarded Malaysian politician, acting as the Finance Minister of Malaysia in the ruling government. He tops the list of Politicians in Malaysia due to his great work. Since 2004, he is serving as the Democratic Action Party’s Secretary-General. He was also elected as the Chief Minister of Penang in 2008.
- Ahmad Zahid Hamidi– Listed among the prominent Malaysian politicians Ahmad Zahid Hamidi is leading the United Malays National Organisation and the opposition. Plus, he is also serving Malaysia as the President.
- Ahmad Shabery Cheek– He is a highly graded Malaysian politician, who has served as Minister of Agriculture and Agro-based Industry (2015-2018). Ahmad Shabery Cheek also represented Kemaman, Terengganu as the member of Parliament.