Today, Singapore has turned out to be a global financial center. This island-city state houses multicultural population and a number of colonial core centers.
Here is the list of top Singapore politicians who have contributed in the extensive development of this place.
- Lee Hsien Loong- Counted among the prominent political leaders in Singapore, Lee Hsien Loong is leading Prime Minister of Singapore. He is the alumni of Trinity College, Cambridge University, as Senior Wrangler. Plus, he has earned his master’s degree from Kennedy School of Government, Harvard.
- Abdullah bin Tarmugi- Next in the list is a former Singaporean politician, Abdullah bin Tarmugi. He not only served as the Speaker of Parliament and but also represented East Coast Group Constituency as a Member of Parliament from 1996 to 2011. In addition, he is a permanent member of Council for Minority Rights by Singapore.
- Alvin Yeo Khirn Hai – Considered as one of the most popular leaders in Singapore, Alvin Yeo Khirn Hai is a lawyer by profession and former Singaporean politician. He is serving as a core member of People’s Action Party’. Plus, he also represented Hong Kah GRCas the Member of Parliament from 2006 to 2011.
- Amy Khor Lean Suan – This Malaysian-born Singaporean politician is serving as a Senior Minister of State in the Health Ministry and Environment and Water Resources Ministry. She is also acting as a Member of Parliament as a single person representative of Hong Kah North.
- Ang Mong Seng – He is next in the list of top 10 political leaders of Singapore. This former politician has served as the Member of Parliament. He was also a representative of Hong Kah Group Representation Constituency (2001 – 2011).
- Arthur Jen Fong – He was the representative of West Coast GRC as the Member of Parliament of Singapore. He is also a prominent member of People’s Action Party. During the general elections of 2001 and 2006, the party outperformed because of his untiring efforts.
- Foo Mee Har- Foo Mee Har has made it to the Singapore politicians list. Currently, she represents West Coast GRC as the Member of Parliament. In addition, she is serving as the Estimates Committee of Singapore Parliament’s Chairman. Plus, she is also acting a senior member of Education, Finance and Trade Industry, Government Parliamentary Committees.
- Heng Chee How – Counted among the high-profile Singaporean politicians, Heng Chee How is an important member of People’s Action Party (PAP). Plus, he has also servd as the Minister of State during Singapore’s 11th Parliament.
- Denise Phua Lay Peng – Working as disability rights activist, Denise Phua Lay Peng is also a successful Singaporean politician. Currently, she represents People’s Action Party (PAP) as a Member of Parliament (MP). As one of the Famous Singapore Political Leaders, she focuses more on developing programmes for the people with special needs or any disability.
- Cedric Foo Chee Keng – Listed among the prominent leaders in the Singapore, Cedric Foo Chee Keng is basically a corporate executive and turned out to be a Singaporean politician later on. Currently, he is representing Pioneer Single Member Constituency (SMC) as the Member of Parliament.