It’s far more than predicted and talked about that Russia has no real political system and is controlled from one center of power, which makes Russians derived from real politics.
There is not much very clear stated idea regarding a political party, how it functions in other democratic countries. But as it’s rightly said, as long as the current dominant party makes at-least something to make life easier and promises to do so on future the citizens may vote for that party. It’s like a pragmatic situation where no one really is acceptable to undergo a new revolution. Below listed are few main political parties in Russia.
- United Russia: – United Russia is the current ruling party in the country. It’s a largest political party of the Russian Federation as of in 2017 as it holds 340 seats out of 450 seats in the State of Duma.
- Communist Party of the Russian Federation: – After United Russia (KPRF) is said to be the second largest political party in the Russian Federation. The ideology of this party is Communism, Marxism-Leninism. The political position is Far-left.
- Liberal Democratic Party of Russia: – LDPR is a socially conservative and economically interventionist political party.It was founded in 1989. The ideologies followed are Monarchism, Mixed Economy, Right Wing, Nationalism, Right-Wing Populism, Russian, Ultranationalism, Social conservatism.
- A Just Russia: – It’s a social democratic political party in Russia, and currently it holds 23 seats out of 450 in the State Duma. Ideologies followed are Social Democracy, Democratic Socialism.
- Yabloko: – Russian United Democratic Party “Yabloko” is a Russian social-liberal political party. The party stands for social market economy, fair political competition, equal opportunity for everyone. Ideologies followed are Centrism, Green Politics, Liberalism, Non-interventionism, Pro-Europeanism, Progressivism, and Social Liberalism.
- Party of Growth: – This party has their representatives with several local legislatures. The motive of this party is liberal free market economy, democracy and protecting rights of the middle class. Ideologies followed are Conservatism, Liberal Conservatism, Conservative liberalism, Liberal Democracy.
- Patriots of Russia: – This is a left-wing nationalist and a socialist political party in Russia. The party was established in April 2005. Ideologies followed are Social Democracy, Democratic Socialism, Left-wing, and Nationalism.