As it was rightly predicted that there is no good good relation between Britain and European Union. Things got more complicated when they are leaving the European Union.
There are several political aspects to it and even political leaders who’s who had been standing in the way of Brexit.
- Jean-Claude Juncker: – Mr. Juncker has served as the Prime Minister of Luxemborg for nearly 20 years and had even undertaken the charge of European Commission in 2014 despite United Kingdom opposing it. He is also the President of European Commission. Juncker was not able to keep Britain successfully in the European Union and worked out utmost important controversial deal for Britain.
- Donald Tusk: – Donald is former Polish Prime Minister, who played a key role in securing approval for the deal at a European Union summit. He is the President of the European Council- a summit of leaders of EU member states. His aim to keep the UK in the EU IN 2016 helped him to strike a draft deal.
- Frans Timmermans: – He is the former Dutch foreign minister who supports the ideology of UK’s drive for greater competitiveness and also pledged to cut EU’s red tape. Being the first Vice President of European Commission, Frans has hooked up himself in negotiations with British government. Mr. Frans is also said to be the right hand of Mr. Juncker in European Commission.
- Martin Schulz: – He is the veteran of politics and is a German. He is the President of the European Parliament and is also said to be an outspoken politician and a big critic of Cameron;s ideology of renegotiating Britain’s membership of the EU.
- Mario Draghi: – He was serving as a governor of Bank of Italy. Now the President of the European Central Bank is responsible in dealing with Eurozone’s debt crisis. He was listed 8th on the world’s most powerful people in 2014. Mr. Draghi played a crucial role in reducing italy’s public debt which gave him a nickname of ‘Super Mario’.
- Federica Mogherini: – she is former Italian foreign minister, is a centre-left politician and also holds position of Vice President of the European Commission under Mr. Juncker. She is actively raising opinions about peace in war-torn