China is rapidly increasing the number of billionaires within the country. As per the reports, China has recently recorded that it holds 10% of the world’s almost 2400 billionaires.
The Forbes World’s Billionaires list is the definitive list of the world’s wealthiest people, profiling and ranking billionaires from 70 countries by their estimated net worth. Following are top 10 self-made billionaires of China.
- Yan Jiehe: – Yan began his career as a school teacher, before switching to construction industry where he was the Founder of the China Pacific Construction Group in 1995. He is estimated to hold the net worth of $14.1 billion.
- Zhang Zhidong: – Famously known as Tony Zhang, set up an internet company along-with his partner Pony Ma while he was still a student in Shenzen University. Along with three other co-founders Zhang set up Tencent Holdings and holds the net worth of $15 billion.
- Lei Jun: – Lei Jun is currently the Chairman and CEO of Xiaomi Inc. He has also been to several senior positions in various technology companies. In 2010 he co-founded smartphone manufacturer and software company Xiaomi. He holds the net worth of $15.1 billion.
- Li Hejun: – He is the Chairman of the Hanergy Holding Group. Hanergy was founded by Li in 1991 50,000 Yuan which was borrowed by his college teacher, today Hanergy is one of the world’s leading renewable energy company. He holds the net worth of $15.5 billion.
- Ding Lei: – Ding is the founder and CEO of Chinese internet technology company NetEase. The basic fundamental of NetEase is providing online content, communications and commerce services. He set up this business in 1997 and holds net worth of $17.2 billion.
- Wang Jianlin: – Wang is the Chairman and President of Dalian Wanda Group Co. which is said to be China’s largest real estate development company. He served for 16 years in China’s People’s Liberation Army before founding Dalian Wanda Group in 1988. He holds the net worth of $18.1 billion.
- Yang Huiyan: – She is a Chinese property developer; Yang is majority shareholder of Country Garden Holdings which is a property development company set up by her father in 1992. Yang was also named the richest woman of Asia in a 2015 Wealth-X report. She holds net worth of $20.7 billion.
- Hui Ka Yan: – Also known as Xu Jiayin, is a Chairman of China Evergrande Group which is a Chinese real estate developer. He holds the net worth of $27.5 billion.
- Jack Ma: – Jack is the co-founder and Executive Chairman of Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. Initially as teacher Jack suffered dozens of job rejection which led him to launch Alibaba Group, which isworld’s largest retailer and one of the largest technology companies globally. He holds the net worth of $40.2 billion.
- Huateng Ma: – He is the chairman and the CEO of Tencent Holdings Ltd. Tencent is one of the largest internet companies in the world and counts social networks, e-commerce payment systems and games among its services, he holds the net worth of $41.8 billio.